Camas provides environmental consulting services to governments, businesses and landowners seeking assistance with projects that impact land and water. We assist with project components such as regulatory permitting, scientiﬁc analysis, land conservation, and compliance program development, as well as meeting facilitation related to any aspect of these processes.
We generate solutions at the intersection of science, policy and economics that enable all stakeholders to come away from the table knowing that the path forward is reasonable and benefits both environment and the bottom line. In order to generate eﬀective solutions, the Camas team of experienced scientists, planners, and facilitators have extensive experience in permitting and environmental compliance on the federal, state, county, and city levels. Our projects include renewable energy & utility permitting, biological consulting and reporting, site remediation and restoration, sustainability and conservation.
Camas takes great pride in playing a part in our clients’ successes and in the ways that all of our efforts contribute to a more sustainable future.
Please visit: https://camasllc.com/
Camas, LLC is hiring a professional Environmental Planner to support our renewable energy clients. The role will include leading permit acquisition, implementation and scientific studies that are both timely in their execution and completed within budget. This person should possess the capacity for identifying and executing permit strategy, responding to a fast-paced work product environment, analyzing/interpreting data, recognize client needs and interests, prepare quality work products with minimal QA/QC required, and function well in a team atmosphere.
The desired candidate’s primary responsibilities include preparation of documents and coordination of permitting projects related to NEPA, CEQA, state fish and game codes, land use codes, Clean Water Act Section 401, 402 and 404, and ESA for renewable energy clients
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of regulatory permit applications and their implementation.
- Develop execution plans for all regulatory interactions and permitting deliverables
- Track and report permit schedules & expiration dates
- Develop proposals for prospective client.
- Develop strong working relationships with regulatory agencies
- Estimate labor effort to perform the work and remain in budget.
- BA/BS in Environmental Planning, Environmental Law, Public Policy, Environmental Science, Biology, Fisheries, Geology, Hydrology, Botany or similar Science
- 5-7 years of professional experience.
- Capacity to work independently drafting and compiling permit documents/reports and supporting information without supervision
- Demonstrated competency in scientific writing and document preparation
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with relevant environmental regulations and permits/approvals (e.g. CWA 401/402/404, NWP/IP, NEPA, CEQA, ESA)
- Good teamwork skills, self-motivation, and excellent communication skills are required
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and team-centered approach to problem solving
- Capacity to work in an open work environment
- Ability to travel to sites as needed
- Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Candidate will need to pass a basic background investigation
- Master’s degree, or proven work history in consulting.
- Strong knowledge of Federal/State/Local environmental regulations
- Strong record of communicating with/developing relationships with regulatory agency personnel
- Capacity and desire to learn new things quickly and be challenged.
- Capacity to require minimal instruction or assistance to deliver the work product.
- Interest in joining a boutique sized consulting company that specializes in meeting the client’s interests.
- GIS mapping experience.
PHYSICAL /ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The work requires the ability to travel to meetings and to visit remote work sites often located on rough, uneven terrain. May require attending evening and weekend meetings.
Resume/CV with all relevant work, references, and complete contact information. Statement of intent for the position not to exceed 250 words.
Location: Jacksonville, Oregon
Salary: To be negotiated, based on experience.
Benefits: 401k, Medical and Dental, Paid time off.
OPENING DATE: 03/25/21
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
TO APPLY: Submit resume/CV and statement of intent to email@example.com
Please visit: https://camasllc.com/
An Equal Opportunity Employer