Environmental Scientist/Project ManagerRochester NY
Tetra Tech is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist/Project Manager. The ideal candidate shall be a self-motivated with 5+ years of experience including site development and permitting, especially developing renewable energy projects. The candidate will be involved is many aspects of renewable energy site development efforts, including feasibility studies, local and state permitting, field investigation and project/contract management. Projects are anticipated to include renewable energy and environmental investigation/remediation projects.
- Renewable Energy Development Project Management.
- Environmental planning.
- Permitting support.
- Client communications.
- Report writing.
- Proposal Preparation and business development.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Biology, Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering or a closely related field.
- 5+ years experience of permitting experience.
- Candidates shall have excellent communications skills.
- Prior experience with site development projects associated with utility scale and/or distributed generation solar energy projects in New York State is desirable.
- Typical projects include renewable energy projects, electrical infrastructure, environmental investigation/remediation, and environmental due diligence.
- The candidate must work well in a team setting and have very good communication skills with clients Proficiency with a variety of computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD) is required.
- 40 hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus.
- Valid driver's license that meets Tetra Tech's insurance requirements is required.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies