Project Engineer - Renewable EnergyLong Beach CA
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields, redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
SCS Engineers is looking for a Project Engineer to join our Renewable Energy Division. SCS Energy focuses on renewable energy design/build/operate projects in the renewable biogas and renewable power markets. All are interested in achieving renewable energy goals, reducing greenhouse gases, and creating useful by-products from waste with SCS plants. SCS builds systems that power universities, wastewater treatment plants, generate renewable natural gas sales, support electric utilities, and dairies, all moving to renewable energy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares mechanical equipment descriptions, performs equipment sizing and prepares equipment data sheets.
- Prepares mechanical equipment technical specifications and equipment RFQs to request budgetary pricing to support study or project work.
- Review of vendor drawings.
- May select and prepare equipment layouts for mechanical equipment (i.e. compressors, pumps, separators, filters, heat exchangers, and storage tanks).
- Assures all mechanical engineering designs meet applicable codes and standards including company standards, API, ASME as well as others used in static and rotating equipment mechanical design and development for the facility.
- Prepares studies, including cost-benefit analysis for competing mechanical solutions resulting in robust, cost effective designs.
- Trouble-shoot existing systems in the field, determine modifications to existing systems to change performance, etc.
- Coordinates with clients, vendors and subcontractors as required.
- Communicates and interfaces openly and frequently with Project Managers, Project Engineers and other Managers of discipline engineers. Participates in periodic project reviews and client discussions, as required, to ensure client satisfaction.
- Coordinates engineering activities with Procurement Department assuring excellent communication and review of vendor documents and approval prior to final sign off and procurement of all mechanical equipment.
- Promotes value engineering and technical review through periodic reviews of Mechanical Data Sheets and Company standards.
- Keeps current with advances in technology in the marketplace.
- Maintains strict compliance and technical support with Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes and procedures as well as EH&S.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required.
- Five to seven years' related experience required.
- Being a P.E. is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD required. CADWORX and Navisworks experience is a plus.
- Working experience with PFD’s and P&ID’s required.
- Good understanding with process piping and equipment.
- Able to evaluate, select and adapt standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Knowledge of principles and practices or related fields, and functions on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience selecting fixed and rotating equipment (i.e. compressors, pumps, pressure vessels, tanks and heat exchangers.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid driver's license with a driving required in good standing required.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at email@example.com.