Project Manager - Environmental ServicesLong Beach CA
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
SCS Engineers is seeking an energetic, forward-thinking Project Manager in our Long Beach, CA office to perform various technical, client, and business development activities related to environmental consulting. This position will offer the right person significant opportunities for leadership and growth within SCS. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, self-motivated, eager to learn, embraces teamwork, and has the desire to grow and develop professionally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing scopes of work and budgets, managing, and executing Phase I and II environmental site assessments, groundwater monitoring programs, soil and groundwater remedial actions, environmental compliance auditing and permitting, and/or related environmental services.
- An emphasis will be placed on office work, however, some field work can be expected (including long field days and work at job sites throughout the Southern CA area).
- Multi-media sampling (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil vapor, air), preparing reports, and/or report review.
- Management of small to mid-scale projects,
- Communicating with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
- Ensuring adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
- Proposal preparation, including review of RFPs, preparation of written proposals and/or qualification packages and participation in interviews.
- Mentoring and Development of Staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering or related field required
- Professional registration (P.G. or P.E.) required
- Minimum of 10 years of related environmental experience required. Must include hands-on field and office experience in environmental consulting. Specific experience in solid or hazardous waste management, industrial projects, site development, groundwater assessments, and landfill compliance monitoring/ reporting is a plus.
- Must be well versed in environmental regulations and environmental assessment/remediation.
- Must be detail-oriented and a team player with great communication, strong technical writing skills, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Microsoft Office and computer programs (AutoCAD, Surfer, and/or ArcGIS preferred), field equipment experience preferred
- HAZWOPER training completed and up to date preferred
- Valid driver's license with driving record in good standing required
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at email@example.com.