Environmental EngineerStuart FL
Tetra Tech is currently seeking a dynamic individual for an Environmental Engineer based in their Stuart, FL office. The successful candidate should be self-motivated and interested in working with a highly-qualified team of engineering professionals to provide high quality technical service for a wide variety of project types.
- Successful candidate will work closely with geology and engineering staff to integrate remedial action plans, environmental permitting, monitoring, work plan development, and engineering for industrial, hazardous waste, solid waste, throughout Florida and the Southeast.
- Work as part of a design team for remediation projects including: developing concepts for mitigating technical design issues to meet project requirements, assist in resolving remediation issues, conduct contamination assessments, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, remedial system design, installation and construction oversight, and system monitoring, operation & maintenance.
- Will provide office and field support for remediation of chlorinated solvents and PFAS/PFOS.
- Periodic travel and field work required.
- Selected candidate should enjoy problem solving, working on multi-disciplinary projects from inception to completion, keeping abreast of current technology, and being part of a motivated and highly skilled team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering (Master’s Degree is a plus).
- 1 to 5 years of progressive professional experience.
- Florida EIT.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Preferred experience includes remedial alternative analyses, remedial designs, in-situ and ex-situ remedial design, bioremediation, remedial action implementation, process plant facility design and operation, groundwater modeling, and regulatory reporting and permitting.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills as well as sound technical skills for analysis, knowledge of current industry remediation methods and construction techniques
- Preferred experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), project CPM scheduling/tracking (MS Project, etc.), and groundwater modeling software (i.e. MODFLOW, GW Vistas, FEFLOW, etc.).
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech) or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies