ManagerWashington, DC or Boulder, CO
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
More about REBA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdp1DkG6Uow&t=11s
The REBA Innovations team seeks to ensure public policies, legislation, and regulations support and promote clean energy markets; overcome market and policy barriers to buyer participation in clean energy markets; provide a central point for REBA members to understand public policy and engage; and align market and technology innovation projects with policy, legislative, and regulatory innovations.
The Manager position will contribute to these objectives as a dynamic clean energy professional by leading REBA’s efforts to support organized wholesale market expansion.
REBA Managers have sound quantitative training and several years relevant work experience. We look for demonstrated success in solving challenging problems, the ability to think in numbers, and lead groups and policy processes. We expect self-motivation, curiosity, creativity, the ability to drive oneself and others toward meaningful results, and a passion for making the world better.
- Provide high-level thought leadership on organized wholesale market design, structure, and governance to execute a multi-year wholesale market expansion strategy in the U.S. Knowledge of Western or Southeastern U.S. markets and/or experience engaging with FERC is a plus.
- Cultivate, empower and align REBA members around engagements to support market expansion and key policy priorities.
- Build political momentum for wholesale market expansion with state policymakers through speaking events and engagement in relevant policy forums.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer advocacy organizations to gain insights, share information, and coordinate advocacy efforts.
- Create position papers, presentations, and other external-facing communications materials to support market expansion and elevate the voice of large energy buyers.
- Develop internal educational materials for REBA members (e.g., webinars, case studies).
- Support and facilitate member meetings and workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree in energy, public policy, sustainability, or other relevant field and 7 or more years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in, and deep understanding of, organized wholesale energy markets required.
- Experience managing people preferred, but not required.
- Highly collaborative, strong team player.
- Passion for achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient zero-carbon energy system.
- Shared commitment to REBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- The ability to take initiative, anticipate modifications from changing priorities, and provide suggestions on ways to improve processes and solutions.
- Detail-oriented and organized about capturing and conveying key information.
- Analytical and able to balance and incorporate new information, and synthesize trends, and build alignment in an area where there will be divergent perspectives among members.
- An experienced communicator with the ability to deliver compelling presentations and facilitate sessions to support multi-stakeholder dialogue and innovation.
REBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity, applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training."
To apply, please see the Careers link at Careers at REBA (smartrecruiters.com)