Work with Environment Massachusetts to repower Massachusetts with clean, renewable energy.
Fossil fuels are polluting our air and water, harming our health, and changing our climate in dangerous ways. Fortunately, we can envision a future where all of our energy comes from pollution-free sources like the sun and the wind. Environment Massachusetts is working to put Massachusetts on track to obtain 100% of our energy from renewable sources, and adopt common-sense policies to require rooftop solar panels on new buildings, increase the number of electric vehicles on the road, and make our homes and businesses more efficient.
As Clean Energy Associate, you'll work closely with state director Ben Hellerstein to campaign for policies to increase renewable energy, reduce the use of fossil fuels, and move Massachusetts toward a cleaner, healthier future.
We are seeking a Campaign Associate who will spearhead this campaign and work with our experienced team of advocates, researchers, and digital and communications experts.
Entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply; we provide training on advocacy and organizing skills, as well as oversight and on-the-ground training by an experienced advocate. Ideal candidates will have leadership experience, top-notch written and verbal skills, an eagerness to learn, and be ready for a challenge. We value organizing experience, including building campus or community groups.
- Build powerful coalitions: Reach out to like-minded organizations and affected constituency groups to demonstrate support for our campaign goals.
- Earn traditional media and social media attention: Organize news conferences and write opinion pieces. Build a following on Facebook and Twitter for your campaign.
- Lobby elected officials: Coordinate strategy with champions in Congress. Make a convincing case to legislators who are undecided on a particular vote. When a critical vote is happening on your campaign, work to demonstrate the support you’ve been building on the ground to help line up the votes needed to win.
- Research and write reports: Catalogue and analyze data relevant to the issue and our policy proposals to help influence public debate and earn media attention for our cause.
- Identify and cultivate donors: Reach out to foundations and major donors and ask them to fund your campaign.
- Run a grassroots campaign office each summer: Run a campaign office for the summer to raise money to support our campaigns, build our organization and membership, and help build critical and timely grassroots support to win key campaigns while honing your organizing and management skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The target annual compensation for this position is $28,000-$30,000 in the first year. Environment Massachusetts offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Please apply on our website