Outreach/Project CoordinatorFresno, CA
About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Project Coordinator plays a vital role in implementing Distributed Energy Resource (DER) incentive programs administered by CSE, including the Solar on Affordable Housing (SOMAH) program, and is primarily responsible for assisting the Marketing Manager and Project Managers with administrative support in addition to marketing, outreach and events support. The position will focus on supporting program operations through application processing, when needed, inspections support, and leading marketing and outreach activities. The Project Coordinator must be organized, detail oriented, and able to independently prioritize his or her workload schedules based on the needs of the program(s). This position presents a substantive opportunity for the right applicant to gain valuable experience and a rewarding career in the sustainable energy industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Customer Service
- Field inquiries about SOMAH program requirements.
- Meet with public and respond to requests for information.
- Outreach and Education
- Coordinate online and in-person workshops, events and various grassroots marketing, education and outreach tasks.
- Participate and present CSE DER programs information and updates at events, webinars and workshops (working on evenings and weekends may be required)
- Draft and update content on CSE’s DER programs micro-site(s), marketing collateral, and presentation slide decks.
- Project Management Support
- Participate in working group meetings and quarterly workshops, as requested.
- Perform various research requests from Project Managers regarding equity initiatives, policy or related topics.
- Provide overall operational support to the DER Project Manager.
- Application Processing
- Process incentive applications for DER technologies.
- Review project eligibility details and prepare incentive payments.
- Enforce project requirements, application procedures and standards.
- Maintain and update the online database of projects.
- Coordinate project verification and inspection activities.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of related experience (administrative and outreach)
- Bilingual reading, writing and speaking in both English and another language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese preferred)
- Experience engaging disadvantaged communities and working with community-based organizations preferred
- Experience or interest in affordable housing initiatives
- Extraordinary attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines of multiple concurrent projects and implement quality assurance protocols
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships over the phone and in-person
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
- Comfortable working with diverse, technical projects and complex issues
- Familiarity with energy equity issues with a general understanding of renewable/distributed energy policy and technologies.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiar with standard office procedures, filing, telephone techniques and operation of office equipment.
- Ability to learn complex concepts, procedures and policies quickly.
- Comfortable with emails, scheduling, conference calls and other common office communications.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with the proven ability to perform office assignments proficiently.
- Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.