Rebate Processing SpecialistSan Diego (Remote)
The Rebate Processing Specialist plays a vital role in implementing incentive programs administered by CSE, including the Solar on Affordable Housing (SOMAH) program, and is primarily responsible for providing incentive application processing and customer support, along with other miscellaneous administrative tasks to support Project Coordinators and Managers. The position will focus on supporting program operations and providing information and outreach to interested customers and industry participants. The Project Associate must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated and able to independently prioritize his or her workload schedules based on the needs of the program(s). This position presents a substantive opportunity for the right applicant to gain valuable experience and a rewarding career in the sustainable energy industry.
*** Temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Application Processing
- Process incentive applications for Distributed Energy Resource (DER) and Transportation programs.
- Review project eligibility details in alignment with application documentation.
- Enforce project requirements, application procedures and standards.
- Maintain and update the online database of projects.
- Review large datasets and query program reports.
- Customer Service
- Field phone and email inquiries about clean energy technologies and program requirements.
- Outreach and Education
- Assist in coordinating workshops, events and various grass-roots marketing and outreach tasks on an as needed basis.
- Project Management Support
- Participate in working group meetings and quarterly workshops, as requested.
- Perform various research requests from Project Managers regarding equity initiatives, policy or related topics.
- Provide overall operational support to the Project Managers.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extraordinary attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Remains engaged with repetitive tasks and structured routines.
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines of multiple concurrent projects and implement quality assurance protocols.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong professional relationships over the phone and in-person.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
- Comfortable working with diverse, technical projects and complex issues.
- Ability to learn complex concepts, procedures and policies quickly.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiar with standard office procedures, filing, telephone techniques and operation of office equipment.
- Comfortable with emails, scheduling, conference calls and other common office communications.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with the proven ability to perform office assignments proficiently.
- Bilingual reading, writing and speaking in both English and another language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese preferred).
- Experience engaging disadvantaged communities and working with community-based organizations.
- Familiarity with energy equity issues with a general understanding of renewable/distributed energy policy and technologies.
- General knowledge of energy issues with basic understanding of renewable/distributed energy policy and technologies.
- Associate of Arts degree or equivalent work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 - 3 years of related experience
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
- Valid California driver’s license; insurable in the State of California. Must have access to a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.