Pax Environmental is seeking a part-time, on-call hourly Field Biologist to assist with environmental compliance wildlife surveys and monitoring. Ideal candidate currently resides within San Bernardino County area and will support projects locally and remotely.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct environmental inspections for special status wildlife and plants, nesting bird surveys and biological assessments.
- Communicate with Pax project managers, construction crews, and other field staff to complete the reporting requirements.
- Use of GPS units and aerial photographs for project navigation and collect field data.
- Taking photographs and detailed notes of site conditions.
- Understanding of project environmental requirements and associated laws protecting biological resources.
- Prepare high quality technical reports and environmental documents.
- Frequent field work, often requiring overnight stays.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with waters/wetlands preferred.
- Prior experience in environmental consulting or restoration is desirable.
- Wildlife and/or botanical targeted surveys.
- The individual should be comfortable working in physically challenging outdoor situations in all types of weather and traveling on a regular basis to project sites which may require overnight stays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check.
About Pax Environmental
Pax Environmental, Inc. is a veteran-owned environmental consulting firm offering a range of professional services including ecological restoration; water quality analysis; wildlife biology; environmental regulatory permitting; GIS services; and, multidisciplinary project management.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, send a letter of interest with employment qualifications, three references and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org